I started a new career position a few weeks ago. It's been fantastic, but I came in right at the busiest time of the year. Trying to get up to speed with everything in combination with the timing of when I started, plus adjusting to a longer commute, has resulted in some heavy hours. Therefore, for about the dozenth time, I am falling horrifically behind on blogging (mine as well as all of yours!)
If I had the time, here's what I would write about:
- Exploring the new neighborhood in which I now work, both in my running shoes and via other modes of transport. But having to be careful about where I venture.
- A growing obsession with Reebok's running apparel.
- Trying to select THE running shoe I will wear on marathon day. I really enjoyed this blog entry from Xaarlin on the HUGE emotional toll that ensues during this process. I relate VERY much. And I REALLY like using CAPITAL letters.
- Rediscovering Chicago's Lakefront Path. I hadn't run on the path for several years due to where I now live. But I decided to go check it out again last weekend and was enthralled. (I also ran into Erin out there, what are the odds?!?!)
- My renewed obsession with Disney races. I've been getting emails promoting the Disney Marathon's 20th Anniversary Race this year, which looks amazing. I've had to fight myself on this because I want that Mickey medal!
- Learning the hard way that marathon training does NOT mean you can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, in as much quantity as you want. Oof.
- Recent efforts to improve my running form, basically by focusing more on propeling myself as I push off. (A little hard to explain in words.)
- A much-needed vacation to North Carolina coming up in a few weeks, as well as the NAAAP National Convention next weekend.
- Doing long runs on Saturdays, even if it means doing them at weird times, instead of Sundays. For various reasons.
- Discovering powdered Gatorade! Also trying some new fueling options (Clif shot bloks, Honey Stingers, sports beans, plus some new GU flavors).
- Going to an awesome White Sox game and getting to cross a few other things off of my Summer 2012 To-Do List.