Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Take Time Tuesday: Blogger Meetup and much much more!

Katie over at Live Half Full is hosting a Take Time Tuesday linkup where each Tuesday, you share some things that you are grateful for.  I am all about this.  Open bandwagon, jump in head-first!

Live Half Full
 
 
Where to start?!?!  Where to start?!?!?
 
This past Sunday I attended a wonderful blogger meetup:
 
Top row from left to right: Marcia, me, Maggie, Erica, Katie.
Bottom row: Kelly and her adorable dog Napoleon, Lauren.
Photo courtesy of Alissa
 
Kelly showed exactly why she is the Culinarian as she put together an absolutely incredible brunch spread for us.  I stole this picture from her blog but it really doesn't even do the food justice.
 
 
 
I had an amazing time hanging out and chatting with all of these fabulous women.  I am so blessed to have such a terrific blogger network where everyone brings so many different perspectives and experiences to the table.
 
On that note, coming soon to my blog near you: a guest post from Erica at Erica FindsErica is from New Jersey, now lives in Chicago, but also spends a lot of time on the West Coast - and she has trained in/run races in many areas across the country.  She will be sharing her thoughts on the regional differences she's experienced while participating in different running communities.  From someone such as yours truly who is incredibly Midwestern (aka a running flatlander), I am super excited for this!
 
Other things that I am grateful for:
  • Friends, family, and loved ones - as ALWAYS
  • Adam's wealth of experience, knowledge, levelheadedness, and patience - also as ALWAYS
  • My home in the West Loop with all of its great resources and conveniences so close by
  • Running nearly pain-free these last few weeks!  Enjoying my weekly speed workouts and actually seeing/feeling improvement after just a few weeks.  (Instant gratification?  Yes, please.)
  • Getting to explore a new neighborhood in my running shoes, which has deepened my appreciation for the diversity of Chicago's neighborhoods.  More on this soon.
  • Treats!  The boxes of mint-chocolate Oreos and Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies that I have stocked in various places throughout my kitchen.  Ready at a moment's notice in the event of emergency or dire straits.
  • Being able to define "emergency" or "dire straits" however I choose.  Case in point:
I couldn't have said it better myself.
#FirstWorldProblems

22 comments:

  1. Great post! looking forward to my guest spot! And I wish I had some Minty Bigguns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erica! I am excited for your guest post, too - but no rush! Whenever you are ready and have the time.

      Oh gosh, I wish I had some Minty Bigguns, too. I would probably even take it a step further and create Minty Huge-uns. Go big (huge) or go home, right? =D

      Delete
  2. It was so great seeing you again Emily and I'm glad you're running pain free! I love thin mints and hate to think of size I'd be if they were fat. They'd sure be yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia! Likewise - I'd probably have to walk through doorways sideways if I had Fat Mints at my disposal. We'd have to get rid of armrests in chairs, too, because I wouldn't fit into the chairs anymore. =D

      Delete
  3. Love the Fat Mint graphic-so hilarious!

    Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Fat Mints! Thanks so much for hosting these Take Time Tuesday linkups - what a great way for all of us to connect!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh the mega thin mint. Yummm

    So happy you're running pain free. That makes me very happy ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yeah, Fat Mints. =D

      Unfortunately I am not 100% pain free, although I am close! I still have a little niggle in my left ankle which I'm wondering is the result of wearing older shoe... but being 90% pain free is so much better than what I was dealing with in previous months!

      How has your ankle been these days, btw? You haven't said a whole lot about it?

      Delete
  5. Are Fat Mints a real thing? Because I want some. If they're not, I guess that's a real FWP!

    Yay for mostly pain-free running! Having all of my stupid shin issues lately definitely makes me appreciate a good run, so I can understand how thankful you are :) Can't wait to hear about your new neighborhood exploring! That's one thing I love about Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen Fat Mints out there in the marketplace but if I ever meet one of the Girl Scout Cookie product designers you better believe I'll be pushing them!!! =D

      I am so sorry to hear about your shin issues and I literally have felt your pain (and still do from time to time). =( I am looking forward to our RoadRunner event next Tuesday for all of us to test out some new shoes which will hopefully help!

      Delete
    2. Please do, I can't think of a better advocate for my cookie needs :)

      And my shins are a little better! I'm just taking it easy this week, which seems to be helping.

      Delete
    3. Glad to hear that your shins are heading in the right direction with recovery! Taking it easy ALWAYS helps, I say. And you've got plenty of time to train for your half marathon so no need to rush anything!

      Delete
  6. Dang! Now I want thin mints and I already had dessert for the evening.

    Also, I'm intrigued about where you're running these days. Down by work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my mind, one can never have too many desserts (especially when thy is in the midst of marathon training). ;)

      Yes! Since I usually get home too late from work to run in the evenings in the West Loop, I've been going running in Hyde Park! More on it to come. =)

      Delete
  7. one of my favorite girl scout cookie memories is definitely of my mom mixing up girl scout cookies w/ ice cream to make a blended ice cream (e.g. Thin Mints or Tagalog + Vanilla).

    Can't wait to hear about your running adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummmmmmmmmm, blended ice cream with Girl Scout cookies is the BEST. Whenever I go to Dairy Queen or similar, I am all about the Blizzards with crushed Oreos or other cookie bits. SO DELICIOUS!

      I can't wait to hear about your tri adventures!!! =)

      Delete
  8. Booo, sorry i missed this! I have just been slammed lately. I love your fat mint graphic (only at my house, its samo-ass is gigantic, haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the gigantic! It certainly sounds like things have been super busy for you with your marathon training and your new work! Keep those martinis flowing. =)

      Delete
  9. I nominated you for a Liebster award today -- congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks so much, Lauren - I am honored! I will post as soon as time permits!!!

      Delete
  10. This reminds me of my need to keep a gratitude journal. I meant to start one, then never did. I guess it's never too late to begin something like that, though, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, a gratitude journal! I've meant to start one of those myself for the longest time, too. Sigh. But indeed - never too late, right? I've seen some bloggers who will just include a few lines on every blog posting with whatever they are grateful for. Something like that would be an easy start, I think!

      Delete