The time has come for another edition of that post.
Here's what I've got on the brain:
- After losing all desire for awhile to run, going through a few days of 60-degree temps that lit a virtual fire under my tush to go running. Excitedly making a running date with Erin only for a torrential downpour to make us take a raincheck. (Get it? A RAIN check? HAHAHAHAHAHA. I know, I know, bad joke. Welp, welp, welp.)
- In my desperation to break my 31-day running hiatus, doing the unthinkable. Getting up at 6 AM in the morning to knock out a couple of miles on the TREADMILL before going to work. (Usually treadmill + me = welp, welp, welp)
- Going for my first "real" run, a 5-mile run in the snow last Sunday. Getting so lost in my own thoughts that when another runner passed me and said good morning, getting so startled that I nearly jumped out of my skin.
- Getting excited about running the Michigan Wine Trail Half Marathon in August (for which registration hasn't even opened yet). But then, looking into lodging in the area for the weekend and realizing that availability is already EXTREMELY limited. Sigh.
- Winning an Injinji goody package from Maggie!!! THANK YOU!!! I can't wait to test out those toe socks.
- Still wavering on whether or not to run the 2013 Chicago Marathon, but starting to lean towards not this year. Debating on whether or not to try to run the Disney Marathon instead, but balking heavily at the 5:30 AM EST starting time. Who wants to wake up at the equivalent of 1:30 AM CST to run a marathon!?!?!?
And now, for the nonrunning items on my brain:
- I cannot begin to express to you how enthralled I am that NHL hockey is back. Adam and I have the TV set onto either a Hawks game or a Penguins game pretty much every night. It's been awesome. And I am SO pumped about my beloved Blackhawks and how well they've been playing.
- Speaking of my beloved Blackhawks, Adam and I went to see them play against the rival Red Wings last Sunday at the United Center. Incredible, dramatic, inspiring victory! Never mind that the Chicagoland area was under an ice-storm warning that day. Yours truly took a tumble on the icy sidewalk that resulted in a bruise on my leg that is literally the size of my fist. But, a bruise on the leg is a hell of a long way from the heart. (Extra credit to any of you that recognize that quote!!!)
- Finding the supposed recipe for Chris Chelio's chili online. Balking at making it because I first saw it on a Red Wings website. But then seeing it elsewhere and deciding to give it a go. Turns out it's a winner!
|Former Hawks defenseman Chris Chelios. Yay for Cheli's Chili!|
OK, so upon further review, most of the nonrunning items on my brain pertain to hockey. But here's something nonrunning and nonhockey related:
- Going to Cabo next week on vacation!!! This trip has really, really snuck up on me. Where does the time go!?!?!?
To be continued!