Today, I am grateful for:
- A wonderful husband, friends, and family who support me unconditionally, as always.
- The incredible Chicago Running Blogger network and all of my amazing blogger friends, all of whom I've so enjoyed getting to know over time, and who are always there with words of encouragement and advice.
- Being so used to waking up early now that getting up at 5:45 AM for a race or run is no longer a big deal (or at least is a less big deal than it used to be)
|Source: Harvard Business Review (July-August 2010) pg. 31 |
(This seems surprisingly tilted towards morning people...?)
- Having a terrific time at the Wisconsin Half Marathon this past weekend and getting to spend some great times with Katie, Lauren, Kayla, Sierra, and Kim; and getting to catch up with Erin a bit during packet pickup.
- Seeing visible progress in my training. These days I am able to do a 2-minute plank with reasonable ease - which used to be incomprehensible to me!
- A four-week period now without any races to focus on, thus giving me the opportunity to let loose a little bit with my training.
- Having so much fun experimenting with fashion and really defining my own style over the last few months, thanks to the inspirations of Erin.
- Frozen deep-dish pizza. Available in a pinch when the craving hits, which it did over the weekend, big-time. Let's call it PREPS (post-race eating pizza syndrome).