- I finally gave in and registered for the Home Team Charity Run 10K, which takes place on July 14. It's a bit pricey for a 10K, but I love my Blackhawks too much to not run this race. On that note, I've been looking everywhere for a Blackhawks logo technical shirt, and have had a very difficult time finding any. However, this race provides one. It will be the first time I've ever done a race where I really care about the shirt!
- I've got two consecutive Thursday-night races lined up in July, the Bastille Day 8K on July 11 and the Esprit de She 10K on July 18. Both have absolutely fabulous festivities afterwards. I am a huge fan of evening races and it'll be awesome to enjoy gorgeous Chicago summer nights at these two races!
- I'm already signed up for the Rock N Roll Chicago Half Marathon on July 21. So I'll just save you the trouble of looking at the calendar and doing the math: I have a total of four races lined up within a 2-week period. Yes, this is crazy for me. But I definitely plan to run at least two, if not three, if not all of these races purely for ambience and fun. (July in Chicago is not usually the best time to be trying to set any PRs, anyways.)
- With all of these races coming up, I might even take the plunge and wear a race costume for the first time ever. Although, it's certainly challenging enough for me to run in running clothes, let alone a costume. So we'll see. At the moment, any costume ideas are still very much in the incubation stage. Although, I can GUARANTEE that I won't be wearing anything like this. EVER.
- I signed up for the Run For Boston Virtual 5K. I run 5K or more at least three times per week, so I figured this was well worth the cause and the virtual-race flexibility. Not to mention that Marcia is hosting a giveaway for registrants/donors. She's got some amazing prizes lined up and I am feeling lucky!
- I've always wanted to try stand-up paddle boarding! Thanks to Erica, I heard about some discounted lessons that are being offered, so I'll be taking a class soon with Erin and Xaarlin. I am really excited! ("Paddle up, dude!")
|It looks so easy! But I have learned from experience that many things are much more difficult than they appear...|
- Erin takes trapeze lessons, which I think is the coolest thing ever. She asked if anyone wanted to come check it out with her. Of course I took her up on the offer! I'll be going to my first-ever trapeze class in a few weeks. Flashback to playing on the jungle gym when I was in grade school. (OK, not really. But they better get that safety net tightened up! =D )
Happy weekend, everyone!