- The newspaper-stuffing method of drying out wet running shoes is quite possibly the most useful and ingenious runner's trick I've ever learned. Whoever discovered it should immediately be granted sainthood.
- I might be the only sportsfan in the Milky Way Galaxy that doesn't watch NCAA basketball or pay attention to March Madness. I think I've become disillusioned from participating in too many bracket pools where I came in second-to-last place. Apparently it doesn't work to make picks based on unscientific criteria such as how much I like the school's colors or how cute the team's mascot is.
|Tommy Hawk is not an NCAA mascot, but he's still my favorite mascot.|
(Throwback Thursday to the 2013 Blackhawks Fan Convention)
- It's rare for me to take consecutive rest days from working out. However, it happened earlier this week due to a combination of travel and work. WOW, did I lose both physical and mental momentum during that second day! It's amazing how quickly and easily you can get off track.
- I won Erica's giveaway for the March edition of the Bestowed healthy food subscription box! Many thanks to both Erica and Bestowed. My box arrived this week and I had so much fun tearing it open to see what goodies were inside. I really, really love getting packages in the mail. I think that's the real reason why all those subscription boxes are so popular - people just love receiving things in the mail!
- In honor of St. Patrick's Day this past Tuesday, I did wear green, and I enjoyed seeing so many of my coworkers partaking in the green festivity. I have wanted for the longest time to ask my friends of Irish descent how they feel about the raucous weekend celebrations and the "Everyone is Irish on March 17!" proclamations. To all my Irish compadres - what say you???
- Irish soda bread is the best. I get very excited when I see it in the grocery stores each spring. I need to seek out some good recipes and try making it from scratch at home.
- For book club this month, we are reading One Day by David Nicholls. It has been a captivating read so far. The story is set in the U.K. and I am really enjoying the British humor.
- If time permits, I want to start participating in a virtual running book club that I just found out about. This month's selection is 4.09.43: Boston 2013 Through the Eyes of the Runners by Hal Higdon. I put my Chicago Public Library card to work and am waiting for the book to become available.
- Adam and I went to Gino's East earlier this week (I had a Groupon that was about to expire), but we did NOT order deep dish pizza. Blasphemous!
- I've been taking some accusations of being a racing rain magnet from Xaarlin and Pete. I think I've scared Lauren, too. The pressure is mounting now with the Shamrock Shuffle coming up in less than two weeks. I pray to God it doesn't rain that day, otherwise I will never hear the end of it! Seriously, folks in California - how can I provide my rainmaking services?!?
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.