I can sympathize tremendously. In Chicago, we're blessed right now that there's currently no snow on the ground. Heaven knows we've certainly had our fair share of awful winter blizzards in the past, though. We're not out of the woods here yet, either.
Note to all: It is not a good idea to leave your car doors open during a winter storm:
MONDAY: Pure Barre class and run 3.1 miles on treadmill
TUESDAY: Yoga class and Pure Barre class
WEDNESDAY: Zumba class
THURSDAY: Pure Barre class
FRIDAY: Yoga class and Pure Barre class
SATURDAY: Pure Barre class
SUNDAY: Run 7 miles
Whew! It was a very busy but very productive week.
- My Pure Barre membership ended yesterday, so last week I was really gunning it to the finish. I ended up completing a total of 22 classes in 35 days. It's been a good 5 weeks but whew, I am worn out!
- I had my first long run in 6 weeks scheduled for this morning. Unfortunately, I was so sore and beat up after my last barre class yesterday that I thought a lot about skipping the run. My couch was looking sad and forlorn and was in need of some quality company. (Doesn't it always???)
- How to recover? After I got home yesterday, I came across a free sample of protein powder that I got at an expo. I made it into a shake and slurped it down. It tasted like a chocolate milkshake, which helped. It quickly made me feel a lot better (thanks Erin for the tip!) Then I took a nap. Yes, the joys of the weekend! By last night, Voila! I was feeling as good as new. As I've said before, the body is an amazing thing.
- My first running miles of 2016 have finally been logged, three weeks into the year. Last Monday night, I ran 5K on the treadmill run and felt really good. At the time, I only allowed myself to be cautiously optimistic, given the short distance. But oh my goodness, the exhilaration of having fresh legs!
- My 7-mile run this morning was my first long-ish and outdoor run in 6 weeks. It felt great to get outside, breathe in the fresh winter air, and let my mind wander. I got hungry around 4.5 miles and didn't have water to take a GU, so I pushed through the 7 mile total before calling it a day. Had my fueling been better, I believe I could have done 10 without issue.
- I can't even begin to describe how thrilled I am about seemingly maintaining my conditioning despite all the time away from running!
|This picture doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand. |
I just thought it was adorable!
- My Pittsburgh Half Marathon training is now underway. Dare I say that I am feeling genuinely excited to challenge myself with hill/incline work? What is wrong with me? I will share my training plan later this week as part of the Tuesdays on the Run link-up.
How about you? How was your week?