Last Thursday, Anne hosted a Sausage Fest Fun Run to help raise funds for Uniting Against Lung Cancer. We first went for an easy 5K run around the neighborhood. It was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed being able to see some sights and sounds from a different neighborhood.
I did almost the entire run with Katie. During this time, I got to catch up with her on her upcoming European vacation plans and a triathlon that she'll be doing next month (woo-hoo)!
After the run, we came back for a grillmaster feast of sausage, veggies, and all kinds of great side dishes, beverages, and dessert. Anne even had raffle prizes to give out!
Here are some pictures from the evening, courtesy of Pete:
The festivities were a blast. I had a great time catching up with so many other running blogger friends, both old and new. I am so blessed, as always, to have such a wonderful community of running friends. When is the next running blogger get-together!?!?!?
It is really hard for me to believe that it is Labor Day Weekend this weekend. Where did the time go?
Adam and I will be headed up to Michigan again for the long weekend. We are staying in South Haven, where we've spent a lot of time over the years, but we also plan to spend some time exploring Saugatuck. I am looking forward to the opportunity to relax and enjoy all that the area has to offer. Other than the 5K trail race that I did in Fenn Valley back in June, I've never gone running in SW Michigan. It will be nice to get in a relaxed training run amidst the quaint scenery.
|Southwest Michigan at its finest!|
As far as other near-term travels, I'll be headed to Pittsburgh with Adam in October for a weekend of Pittsburgh sports. Namely, we'll be going to a Penguins game on Saturday night and a Steelers game on Sunday afternoon. It is going to be epic!
Other travel plans coming up:
- My first-ever runcation will happen in November for the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon! I have still never worn a costume to run a race, and I am semi-entertaining the idea to wear one there. Where better to do so than in Disney? Or maybe I'll just keep it simple and wear mouse ears.
- In December, Adam and I are taking a trip to Maui. (I am searching desperately for a race of any reasonable distance that will take place while we are there, but so far no luck!)
- Next March, we are going on a cruise that starts in Panama (the country, not the city in Florida), then makes stops in Colombia, Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire.
The travel bug never stops biting and I am always scheming on more wish-list destinations. All in all, though, I am very lucky and incredibly blessed to have so many fun travels to look forward to.
Other things I'm grateful for
Other things I'm grateful for
- Enjoying my new workplace, its people, and its resources very much
- The change of seasons in the Midwest
- The wonderful charitable organizations out there that serve their purposes the very best that they can
- Remaining healthy and relatively injury-free these days (knock on wood)
- All of my amazing friends, family, and husband, as always, for everything that they do.