Where to start?!?! Where to start?!?!?
This past Sunday I attended a wonderful blogger meetup:
Photo courtesy of Alissa
Kelly showed exactly why she is the Culinarian as she put together an absolutely incredible brunch spread for us. I stole this picture from her blog but it really doesn't even do the food justice.
I had an amazing time hanging out and chatting with all of these fabulous women. I am so blessed to have such a terrific blogger network where everyone brings so many different perspectives and experiences to the table.
On that note, coming soon to my blog near you: a guest post from Erica at Erica Finds! Erica is from New Jersey, now lives in Chicago, but also spends a lot of time on the West Coast - and she has trained in/run races in many areas across the country. She will be sharing her thoughts on the regional differences she's experienced while participating in different running communities. From someone such as yours truly who is incredibly Midwestern (aka a running flatlander), I am super excited for this!
Other things that I am grateful for:
- Friends, family, and loved ones - as ALWAYS
- Adam's wealth of experience, knowledge, levelheadedness, and patience - also as ALWAYS
- My home in the West Loop with all of its great resources and conveniences so close by
- Running nearly pain-free these last few weeks! Enjoying my weekly speed workouts and actually seeing/feeling improvement after just a few weeks. (Instant gratification? Yes, please.)
- Getting to explore a new neighborhood in my running shoes, which has deepened my appreciation for the diversity of Chicago's neighborhoods. More on this soon.
- Treats! The boxes of mint-chocolate Oreos and Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies that I have stocked in various places throughout my kitchen. Ready at a moment's notice in the event of emergency or dire straits.
- Being able to define "emergency" or "dire straits" however I choose. Case in point:
|I couldn't have said it better myself.|