Thursday, October 13, 2016

Quiz show

I always enjoy when my fellow bloggers answer "get to know me" quizzes. It's been awhile since I've done a quiz myself. A few weeks ago, I had fun reading Kelly's Q&A where she answered 40 questions. Today I'm going to pick and choose a few from her post (in semi-random order) that I don't think I've ever addressed before.
Do you eat blue cheese?
In general, I'm an equal-opportunity cheese eater - so yes. I would put other varieties of cheese higher on the list, though. That aside, I do love the classic salad combo of greens, candied nuts, some type of fruit, and a stinky cheese.
Source and recipe
Can you whistle?
No. Not even close. On a related note, I think it's fascinating when folks can whistle through their teeth. How do they do that???

Do you get nervous before a doctor's appointment?
When I'm in the waiting room, no. I do get a little jittery when getting weighed and while having my blood pressure taken. The worst moments for me are when I'm wearing the ever-so-stylish robe and awkwardly sitting in the exam room waiting for the doctor to come in. Once the appointment actually begins, it's all good.
How many televisions do you have?
Two. The primary TV is in the living room, and we have another one in the second bedroom/den. Generally the only time the second TV gets used is when the Blackhawks and Penguins are playing at the same time (not against each other). Adam will watch the Penguins on one TV and I'll watch the Blackhawks on the other.

What do you think of hot dogs?
I like them, but I rarely eat them since they aren't healthy. Sigh.
Do you do push-ups?
I try to avoid push-ups as much as possible.

Favorite girl's and boy's names?
I love the name Grace, and it's a tossup for me between Albert and Wesley.

Do you have ADD?
No, although my attention span is definitely shorter than it used to be. I think the two office statistics listed below are very realistic.
What is one thing you dislike about yourself?
I'm very thin-skinned. I have a tough time with constructive criticism and I always take things personally.

What's in your pocket right now?
As I type this, I'm wearing pajama pants which don't have pockets.

Do you own slippers?
No. At home, I am comfortable being barefoot in the summertime, or just wearing socks during cooler seasons. Adam has slippers, though, and he loves them. Maybe it's time for me to invest in a pair of my own?
Worst injury you've ever had?
I don't know if you'd call it an injury, but I had to have four teeth extracted for orthodontic purposes. I only received local anesthesia, so I was awake during the procedure. It was a very uncomfortable few days afterwards.

Side note: I also had four wisdom teeth extracted as a teenager. It blows my mind that I've had a total of eight teeth removed. I think the human body is a miraculous thing, but my dental composition definitely left something to be desired!

Favorite flavor of ice cream?
Rocky Road, but I'll happily eat anything chocolate-themed - especially mint chocolate. I am also a huge fan of pistachio and green tea. Apparently I have an affinity for green-hued ice cream.
How do you ring in the New Year?
It's different every year - sometimes by going out on the town, sometimes by going to a friend's, sometimes staying home and chilling on the couch. The last few years I've had to work on New Year's Day, which has put a damper on any celebrations. This year, I am thrilled that I'll actually get to enjoy the holiday. Cue the Auld Lang Syne!!!

Favorite month?
For weather conditions, September. For festivity, July is my favorite because it is the middle of the summer, and it includes Independence Day plus my birthday. 
Celebrate good times!
Now it's your turn. I'd love to hear your responses to any of these questions!

--
Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud Thursdays.

28 comments:

  1. Oh how fun!
    I also like pistashio ice cream!
    I love summer months.
    Even though I also had my wisdom teeth out, I think the worst injury I ever had was ITBS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pistachio ice cream seems to be hit or miss - folks either love it or hate it, yes? I can definitely sympathize with the ITBS as I have had it, too, and it is a very stubborn bugger. To this day, I still have to be really careful to keep up with my strength training, PT, and foam rolling! You too?

      Delete
  2. I love blue cheese! It's great on salads for sure, but my favorite is melting a ton of it on top of a burger. Mmmmm. And pistachio is actually my favorite flavor of ice cream :)

    I can kind of whistle, but my abilities are pretty spotty. Terry's really good at it and often whistles along to whatever he's listening to.

    My feet always get too cold in just socks in the winter, so I can't be without slippers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yummm, the idea of blue cheese melted on a burger is making my mouth water just thinking about it! Hurray for pistachio ice cream lovers!!!

      How cool that Terry can whistle! I always think that it engages you more with whatever you might be listening to if you can whistle along to it.

      I'm getting more and more convinced now that I need to invest in some slippers. =)

      Delete
  3. I probably like ice cream a little too much, and way too many flavors. Right now I have vanilla ice cream in the freezer to compliment the apple pie I made last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No joke, when you mentioned that apple pie, the first thing I thought of was, "is she going to eat it a la mode"? You HAVE to!!! =D

      Delete
  4. Attention Span? What attention span? oh look!! cookies!!

    I suck at staying at one thing at a time.

    American crumbled blue cheese is weird, but the one I had at a Spanish restaurant a long time ago, was delicious ! or maybe that was the sangria tasting it!

    This post is making me miss slippers! I haven't had any in a long while! I used to have this super fluffy pink glittery slippers in college, they were awesome!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! As I always say, I think you and I have such similar personalities and the same sense of humor! I'm right there with you on the distraction that can result from cookies, especially chocolate chip cookies. Yummy! =)

      Yes, sangria does tend to change our tastebuds for the better, yes? I'd be curious about that cheese you had at the Spanish restaurant. I'm not familiar with Spanish cheeses other than manchego.

      Oooooh, fluffy pink glittery slippers sound like heaven! I wish I had slippers back in college, that would have been great for roaming around in the res halls! BTW - I saw you mentioned you and all your siblings went to Penn State, and Adam is a proud Penn State alum, too. I went to visit there with him once and it's a beautiful campus!

      Delete
  5. This is such a fun post. I love blue cheese, and always get nervous before the doctor which is probably why I RARELY go...which is crazy because I work in a hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the fact that you work at a hospital compounds your nerves because you know MORE about what actually goes on behind the scenes!?!?!?!? There is that saying that sometimes it's better to not know certain things, right???

      Delete
  6. Thin skinned? Sign me up for the prize. Actually, tomorrow's blog post skirts around my thin skinnedness. Is that even a word? Heck, Donald Trump makes up words, so I can too.

    I love blue cheese. Love.

    Someone just asked me if I have ADHD. Maybe so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, you and I have SO MUCH in common and we think so alike. Two thumbs up to everything you just said about thin-skinnedness and Donald Trump!

      LOL at the ADHD maybe. =)

      Delete
  7. Nice to read all these things. Your activities gives me inspiration to do things apart from my job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mohammed!!! We miss you in the office!!! I always enjoy seeing all the pictures of you with your little boy - he is growing up so fast and he looks exactly like you!!!

      Delete
  8. Wow - there were a lot of food questions. I think I need to visit the entire 40 questions of the list! Hot dogs ... meh. Blue cheese ... YES! Yum! And I also LOVE rocky road ... mmm, marshmallows. Can you tell I'm hungry? LOL!

    Those Disney slippers. Do you watch Modern Family? Have you seen the episode where Gloria wears a pair in the Disney parks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Go visit Kelly's original set of 40 questions! I'd love to hear all of your responses! LOL - I didn't think there were that many food questions but when you're hungry, it always does seem that way, right?

      I've never seen that Modern Family episode, but Adam has talked about it several times!!! He starts laughing every single time, too. I'll have to see if I can pull up a copy on YouTube. =)

      Delete
    2. It's a great episode. 😂

      Delete
    3. I've actually never watched Modern Family, period, but everyone raves about it. Must really be worth checking out!!!

      Delete
  9. Fun post! :) I can be thin skinned about a few things, but I learned very quickly in my job...that if you don't have a thick skin...you need to grow one. I go in spurts of being an ice cream person, but a lot of times I can go without it but lately my favorites are caramel toffee crunch and birthday cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla! Ah yes, I can certainly imagine what you must deal with in your daily interactions on the job. We all learn a lot of these things the hard way, yes? Caramel toffee crunch and birthday cake, yummmmmmmmmmmmm..........

      Delete
  10. Slippers are the best. Seriously. I don't know how I would survive the winter without them lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are adding inspiration to the idea of me investing in my own pair this year. I think it could potentially change my entire winter outlook!

      Delete
  11. LOL - anytime I see my fellow bloggers post these quizzes, I always want to do them, too! I've also come across a few instances where I've already done them. Buffalo chicken pizza, yummmmmm. Yeah, I am thinking more and more that it's time to invest in a pair of good slippers. To quote from Game of Thrones, "Winter is coming." Yay for Grace and I also think Albie is an adorable nickname!

    ReplyDelete
  12. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA - you know me so well, Karen. =) I also love Italian cheese and Colby cheese, too! More ammunition to get a pair of my own slippers. And I also feel like my attention span gets shorter as I age because I have so many more things I'm responsible for. You too? It's like the brain can only handle so much at one time, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love slippers! I'm cold natured and I love any excuse to wear something silly, which is totally what slippers are. However, my dogs would attack my feet if I wore them. It's just boring ol' socks for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I can imagine the dogs would have a field day with your slippers, both while you were wearing them and while you weren't! What is it with dogs and our shoes, right? =D I'm also a boring ol' sock-wearer, too. =)

      Delete
  14. I love this and will use the questions in another post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zenaida! I can't wait to read your version of the questions and answers!!!!!

      Delete